Thursday, January 26, 2006

Old movies (continued)

Continuing on the subject of old films, I recently stumbled on a car boot sale where I bought several DVDs at a couple of pounds each.
These were of really old stuff from the mid 30s starring John Wayne, Cagney and a load of short “two-reelers” of Laurel & Hardy. I managed to get about a dozen of these and enjoyed every one of them!
I still miss going to the local cinemas though. As a child, I used to go a couple of times a week at least. I could get in for free as my school-mate’s big sister used to work in the ticket office!
I saved the posters that were displayed outside in a show-case for years until in the seventies, I sold them all to a dealer for £50. I wish I hadn’t; now they are fetching ridiculous prices of several hundred pounds each!

I decided I’d get a new scanner. I ordered one from a supplier on the Net yesterday evening…
Bugger me; it came this lunchtime! Now THAT is what I call service!
I found out why the new digi-box I got wouldn’t install… My present TV is about six years old and is not compatible. No good putting it off: I went out and bought a replacement today. It is being delivered later this evening. I dread having to set the bloody thing up though. It took me the best part of a day the last time!

I haven't mentioned Iris for a couple of days now; I'll continue our story tomorrow.

No comments: