Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year, a new hope

This is the last day of the holidays and tomorrow will see a return to the bustle of the world.
I haven't made any resolutions; past experience showed that they're a waste of time as I never keep them for more than a few days anyway!
I have quite a bit of work to catch up on and several jobs I put off before the holidays. On a different note; this time of year always makes me feel sad.
Some years ago, something happened that would change my life forever. I was (and still am) married with children and was quite content with a happy family life. We had been married for about fifteen years. I had a very good job; money was no problem and I was working away from home most of the time. My wife was a very good cook, mother and companion. While I loved her, there must have been something lacking because suddenly, I fell in love with someone so completely different. This subject is a very personal one and I'm undecided whether to continue with it .
However, back to today and today's issues. I have several articles to write for one or two magazines; some political, some not. In the political field, I need to take a hard look at myself to decide what to do and how best to do it in a different environment than I was hitherto committed.
This is only my second blog and I'm still unsure how it will turn out or even if it will be remotely interesting to anyone else! Time will tell.

No comments: